Monday, July 17, 2006

What I have been up to

Yes I has been forever since I updated this thing. I could give a million excuses and what not but half the time i foget and the other half i am too busy or can't be bothered.

So What have I been up to? You may be wondering... or probably not! :P

I have been doing controlled cyring or teaching to sleep as some other people may call it with Katrina. It's something I have put off for far too long and after lots and lots of nights without much or at least no quality sleep and Katrina finding her way into our bed all the time, it just got to the point where I was never happy and neither was andrew. So after what was at first a half hearted promise to andrew to start controlled cyring, I finally started a week ago today. While the first night took a few hourse before she fell asleep, she sleept all the remainder of the night in her bed and I am happy to say she has done so everynight since. I forgot what a good sleep can do for you and a good relax for a few hours previous to going to sleep. I feel like a fool for not doing it earlier, but I was torturing myself thinking if i had to resort to this it was because I had failed. Now I see what I was putting up with was the failure and now I am at the begining of a success. I know I will have nights to come which will challenge me still but I really don't think I will be in a rush to bring her back into my bed and have to rock her off to sleep all the time.

Also while waiting it out through the crying parts of the night I finally picked up one of the books a friend lent me a while back and started reading again. I always read, but lately it has been magazines and newspapers and not a book and I had forgotten just how good books are and just how swept up in them I get. I just finished the book off this morning (the book is Rachel's Holiday by Marian Keyes, about a young woman named rachel who becomes a drug addict, and is in total denial but after nearly dying of an overdose is sent to a rehibilitaion clinic to clean up.) and while I was anoyed with the swaping back and forth from the Past to the current at the start of the book I got used to it and really enjoyed it. I will say i prefered the past bits quite a bit more probably because of the romantic factor and the tottaly in denial of her addiction parts but on the whole it was a good read and I know I just wouldn't have read something like this if it weren't loaned to me. I think I may make it a habbit of reading again more often. I have another of the same authors books here also so I am planning to start on that one tonight.

Now on to scrapbooking... I was upset at the thought of DSD closing down and with all the talk of staying open with new changes (of which I know about, but I am sworn to secrecy about) I think things will go from great to exceptional there in the not to distant future.

I have created a few layouts since my last post too, but I need to cook dinner now so I am far to restricted on time to post them here so I will point you in the direction of my gallery at DSD just in case you want to have a looksie.
juzzie's DSD Gallery

1 Comments:

Blogger Peta said...

{{HUG}} Juzzie :)

I just wanted to post and say that I was just siting here looking at your flicker - and have to say I went WOW at quite a few - I miss so much in the gallerys at times - wish I had a gallery noterfier like i do with blogs - LOL - but I just wanted you to know I was here going wow hehe :) even if I don't always get around to comenting on them in the gallerys

Mon July 17, 08:11:00 pm 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home