Friday, July 28, 2006

I'm feeling down...

I have been in a depressed mood most of the day. It's finally easing down now but the afternoon was rather tragic.

Andrew was going out with friends tonight so I decided to see what some of my Friends were up to and catch up. Everyone flaked and said what about lunch tomorrow, which I can't do so it started from there and i guess from lack of sleep (I stayed up until almost 4AM finishing off reading a book)

I know it's a silly thing to get so deflated from, but it's the truth. I guess I was looking forward to some girl talk, some reminiscing (we always end up talking about high school yr 12 in particular) and some laughs.

Then mum was being a cow and Katrina was being difficult and it just added to it all.

Luckily one of my Friends Melanie who I live very close to, come past for about 20mins to return the street directory she borrowed from my mum the other day. I have really found comfort in her the last year or so. We were good friends though most of my teenage years but it's just now we have closer. She's the sort of friend I don't have to put on a happy face for. If I'm feeling down I can be honest with her (no matter how trivial it seems)and she'll listen and try to give me comfort and it's returned to her also. It's almost like she sensed I needed it today and she came at the moment i needed it most.

The day as it progressed from about 4:30pm got better slowly. Music is helping me right now. I'm listing to Smile - 2pac and Scarface it's kind of what I need having the reminder through the chorus saying smile for me.

which just made me think about how I have sad songs which i listen to when I am sad. I guess it's a comfort to know that others are going through similar things, or unhappiness too. Am I weird in doing that? Anyway I am trying to make sure i skip the sad ones at the moment and keep to the happy ones, but End of the Road -BoyzIIMen just came on and I love that song, sad as it is.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home