Saturday, August 26, 2006

Paper scrapping

Well laziness and Katrina's 2 weeks of being sick has kept me away from blogging.

First she had a bad cold and then it turned into gastro during the second week with bad nappy rash, so I was starting to feel like a nurse. But things have calmed down and she is almost 100% again.

I have been doing a few layouts here and there and I actually had a reason to pull out my paper supplies last night. My aunt was holding her monthly scrap night and I happened to be free to go along. They are all back in the day when you would cut up your photos into little squares and put it back together leaving a small gap to make a mosaic effect. I would love to get through to these people that you sooooo shouldn't do this, but since it's run as a class type thing by a family friend I don't want to turn up once in a blue moon and tell people what and how to scrap especially when most of the girls there are very much beginners and probably feel comfortable getting any sort of assistance.

I had my print outs of 30 or so of my layouts, so at least they got to see my work and see that there are better styles out there. Not that my work is something to be copied or admired more than others but at least it doesn't require mutilation of your photos. I was also helping spread the digi word which is important to me.

It was good to just use paper and photos, cutting matts and paper trimmers for a change. I even opened and used a prima like flower and brad for the centre in an effort to A. Use some supplies and B. Show them a little lumpy bumpy style, even if my layout was pretty crap.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Of course your work is something to be admired, Juzzie, you silly girl! I bet you did have fun. I really enjoy working with paper, but just don't have the patience to do it very often.

Sat Aug 26, 10:19:00 pm 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home