Monday, October 09, 2006

Some bad and good news

Today I experienced the first moment where I wish i could have sheltered Katrina from something. Mum & I were out for a walk with Katrina in her stroller and we seen a poor little dog run out on to the road in front of as and was hit by a car. The dog died as a result of this right in front of our eyes. Katrina said 'dog sleeping' and mum and myself just said yeah the doggy has lied down to have a sleep. I don't know how much of this incident Katrina would understand and what sort of impression it has left on her, so I just wish i could have kept her from seeing it somehow. I has tears streaming down my face and just felt sick inside at this, especially since the driver stopped way up further for a sec and then continued to drive off without even seeing how the dog was. I know it was an accident, but wow what an awful thing to do by just driving off. I just hope Katrina didn't notice any of the blood we could see coming out of it's mouth, as i can still picture it now. I just hope the little dog is in a nice doggy heaven right now.

Now that that awful stuff is said and done I will say that after awhile of Andrew and I not spending much time together and not communicating all that well as of late we had a big talk and I feel much better about things and feel close to him again. I think the sooner I get a possible job my next door neighbor is trying to set me up for the better, as then we will be able to start building a house on our land and eventually be able to move in and really be a family together not the sort of mis mash that goes on now while we are at my parents. it also helped hearing what's on his mind and him expressing exactly how he feels about me and Katrina, as it's one thing to assume and another to really know. So I am feeling rather positive today except for the little incident earlier.

Also Katrina has used the potty twice today. I started getting her to sit on it a while back, but just wasn't consistent. Today I got her to sit on it in the morning and she did #2s and this afternoon she said she wanted to go on the potty and after a few Min's of playing around she did #1s so hopefully this leads to a proper route of potty training. I know I have to be more consistent every day and hopefully she will get the hang of it all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home